The best war to get in touch with the club is though our web site. Visitors are always welcome. Call into the clubhouse for a chat or book a flight through the website.
Weekends 8:30AM – 5:30PM – Contact the Duty Pilot during these times on 07 5463 2630.
Your Gliding Experience – FAQ
Boonah’s weather can differ greatly from Brisbane’s even though it is less than an hours drive. Check out the Webcam for the latest weather conditions.
Download: Your Gliding Experience
Boonah Gliding Club is a hour’s drive from Brisbane or the Gold Coast or about 25 minutes south of Ipswich.
Directions from Brisbane City
- Follow the Ipswich Motorway to the Warwick Turnoff at Dinmore
- Take the Warwick road
- Take the Yamanto turnoff and follow the signs to Boonah
- At the roundabout in Boonah turn left
- Follow this road (Boonah-Rathdowney) for 3kms
- Turn left into Degen road
- The gliding club is on your left at the top of the road. The long hangar perpendicular to Degen road is the Gliding Club.
- Park outside and walk down to the clubhouse and ask for the ‘Duty Pilot’. They will schedule your flight if you’ve come for an Air Experience Flight, or can answer any questions that you may have about gliding or our Club.
- When the wind is blowing from the south we start takeoffs from the northern end of the field, so the place may look deserted. If the hangar doors are open we are there!
- You may drive down the field on taxiway on the western side of the strip, but always look out for aircraft when crossing the runway. It is best to stop if you encounter an aircraft taking off or landing. Keep well left at all times.
- If you are not sure call 5463 2630.
- At the northern end you will see a hangar on the western side